Only LandDo you want to include the air ticket? Contact us and we will quote you the flights for this trip
Day 1: LIMA
Welcome to the city of the kings. Arrival in Lima and transfer to your hotel. Overnight stay in Lima.
Day 2: LIMA
In the morning, we will have a panoramic view of the main streets, squares and avenues of the city. We will start with a panoramic view of the Miraflores district. We will start in the Parque del Amor, where we will observe the famous sculpture “The Kiss”, by the Peruvian artist Victor Delfin. Then, we will observe the impressive Huaca Pucllana, ceremonial center of the Lima culture. We will continue to the Plaza de Armas, where we will find the Government Palace and the Municipal Palace. We will visit the Cathedral and walk to the Convent of Santo Domingo, whose corridors were walked by San Martín de Porres and Santa Rosa de Lima in the 17th century and where their remains currently lie there. Overnight stay in Lima. Optional - HD Larco Museum, Traditional Tavern and Magic Water Circuit Let’s experience the capital city of Lima with a different style. We will begin our exploration by learning more about the ancient Peruvian inhabitants in the Larco Museum, hosted in a colonial mansion unique of its kind that dates back to the 18th century, and built on top of a Pre-Columbian pyramid of the 7th century. We will tour the halls and galleries where each piece is a book to be opened. We will continue our visit by heading to an antique Tavern, where we will delight our palates with some delicious Peruvian sandwiches not to be missed, accompanied by a drink made of Pisco, our flagship liquor. Finally, we will head for the Magic Water Circuit, the largest water and SLIGHT show in Latin America. We will witness the greatest show of Ornamental Fountains where there is perfect communion and harmony of water, light, music and images.
Day 3: LIMA - CUSCO
Departure transfer to board your flight to Cusco. Arrival in Cusco. Meet and greet, transfer to your hotel. In the afternoon, we will go up to the Archeological Park of Sacsayhuaman. Our excursion starts visiting the magnificent fortress, a beautiful place that radiates peace and quiet. We will be able to admire the rocks measuring up to 4 meters high that were used in its construction. Then, we will continue to Q'enqo, and ancient temple of the cougar, that has inside an altar for sacrifices in the inner part of the rock. Tambomachay, the sacred fountains of life and health. On the way we will have a panoramic view from Puca Pucara, a watch tower that controlled the entrance to the city. After that, we will visit the Temple of the Sun "Korikancha", on top of which the Santo Domingo Convent was built. A legend tells that his temple was entirely lined in gold sheets that marveled the Conquistadors upon their arrival. Finally, we will end our tour visiting the Cathedral, located in front of the main square, and keeps colonial invaluable paintings and other works of religious art such as the Cross that arrived with the first conquerors. Overnight stay in Cusco.
Day 4: CUSCO - SACRED VALLEY - AGUAS CALIENTES
We will visit the most outstanding sites of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will leave for the town of Chinchero, the most typical and picturesque of the Sacred Valley. This town is also famous for its women weavers, we will make a brief stop in a textile center to appreciate its beautiful fabrics and where they will teach us the ancient Inca techniques for dyeing and spinning with Alpaca wool. In the town of Chinchero we will visit its Inca archaeological complex and its beautiful colonial church enjoying the impressive natural images that surround the town. We will continue to Moray, beautiful and curious Inca archaeological complex composed of colossal concentric terraces simulating a large amphitheater. In Incas times, it served as an agricultural laboratory where diverse microclimates were recreated. Lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. Finally, we end our tour visiting the fabulous archaeological complex of Ollantaytambo important for the Incas as a military, religious and agricultural center. We will visit the Temple of the ten windows, the bathrooms of the ñusta, the Temple of the Sun among other places of interest. The postcards from the heights of Ollantaytambo will close this magical day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Afterwards, we will continue to the local station to board our train to Aguas calientes town. Overnight stay in Aguas Calientes.
Day 5: MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO
In the morning, your guide will take you to the local station to board the bus up the winding road to Machu Picchu, amid a spectacular view of the Urubamba River and its canyon. The Lost City of the Incas, Machu Picchu, will astonish us with its terraces, ceremonial shrines, steps and urban areas. Energy is all around us. At the arranged time, we will enjoy lunch at a local restaurant before boarding the train back to Cusco.
Day 6: CUSCO
Day at leisure. Overnight stay in Cusco. Optional FD Humantay lagoon – Share basis Very early in the morning we will pick you up at your hotel and start our trip by bus to our first stop, the district of Mollepata called "the pantry of the world" for its splendid and varied agricultural production. After a short break, we will continue to Soraypampa starting point of our trek. Along the way we will see various ecological floors and beautiful landscapes. After an hour and a half of hiking, at 4,200 m.s. we will delight ourselves with the impressive Humantay Lagoon that has turquoise and crystalline colors that contrast remarkably with the majestic snow-capped mountains of the area: Humantay and Salkantay. After enjoying the spectacular beauty of the place, we will return to Soraypampa for lunch and at the indicated time, we will return along the same road to Cusco. Optional FD Vinicunca mountain – Share basis Very early in the morning, we will start our journey across Valle Sur toward Phulawasipata, which is the starting point of our hike to the Cerro Colorado or 7-color Mountain, located about 100 km. southeast of Cusco city. After enjoying our breakfast, we will start our hike to reach the control center and enter this mystical place. During our walk we will observe how colors around us change due to the weather. We will reach an altitude of 5000 meters, approximately, which is the top of this mysterious mountain. Geological formations will reveal all its splendor; the contrast of the blue sky creates a formidable line between the coast desert and the Amazon jungle, guided by the beautiful Ausangate. After a guided visit, we will have lunch at one of the restaurants in the area. At the arranged time, we will return to Cusco.
Day 7: CUSCO
- 6 nights of accommodation in the mentioned hotels.
- Daily breakfast included.
- Transfers based on shared services with local English speaking guides
- Visits and excursions based on shared services with local English speaking guides
- Expedition class train round trip tickets.
- 01 entrance to Machupicchu with guided tour.
- Food as mentioned in the program. (D: Breakfast / A: Lunch / C: Dinner / BL: Box Lunch, S: Snack, B: Brunch, TT: Tea Time).
Does not include
- International and domestic air tickets.
- National air tickets.
- Drinks in the meals mentioned in the program.
- Tips for porters, trasladistas, guides and waiters.
- Services not mentioned.
- CHD considered in TRIPLE room base.
- CHD is considered up to 11 years and 11 months, then adult rate applies.
- CHD from 2 to 6 years old can apply for a non-bed rate, which does not include breakfast.
- To make the CHD rate effective, it is necessary to send a copy of the identity document, otherwise it will be considered as an adult. In case of excursion to Machu Picchu, it is mandatory to present the original document at the time of entry.
- Take note that The Cathedral of Lima attends from Monday to Friday, Saturday mornings and Sunday afternoons. The hours in which the Cathedral does not open, we will visit MALI Museum (Museum of Art of Lima)
- It is prohibited to take photos with flash in the Cathedral.
- You can not enter religious precincts in shorts.
- On Mondays, the Magic Circuit of Waters does not operate for maintenance, being replaced by the visit to the bohemian district of Barranco.
- The Lima / Cusco flight must arrive before 09.30 hrs. so that passengers can rest and acclimatize before starting the excursion in the afternoon that starts at 1:30 p.m.
- On Sundays in the morning, the visit to Koricancha is panoramic because it is closed.
- Notes Full Day Laguna de Humantay
- Start 05:30 Hrs - Term 17:00 Hrs
- If there are passengers traveling with children, this excursion is recommended for children as young as 11 years old.
- The tour operates everyday with two passengers minimum.
- Includes: Breakfast and Lunch
Notes Mountain Vinicunca Full Day:
- Start 03: 00hrs - Term: 16: 00hrs
- Not all the road is paved. According to indicate, about 45 minutes is a trail (for two hours it is a track and about 45 minutes but the road is not bad).
- This excursion is advisable to do it in the season from March to December since in the months of January and February it is rainy season and it is possible that the passengers can not appreciate the landscape and Cerro Colorado by the mists.
- If there are passengers traveling with children, this excursion is recommended for children from 11 years of age.
- The tour operates everyday with two passengers minimum.
- Includes: Box Breakfast and Lunch in local restaurant.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are here to help you! If you have any questions about this tour, feel free to contact us or visit our FAQ page.
Our team of travel agents is available to help you with all questions related to your trip!
Jose Antonio Lima
Jose Antonio Cusco
Casa Andina Standard Machu Picchu